Saturday, May 17, 2008

Training and Transformation



I am blogging from Meru Golf Resort, Malaysia. I love the dome cafe that allow me to ahve the full view of golf course and swimming pool. 

How do we view our  job as Training Manager? Do we just want to make a living? Do we have the passion of training and teaching? Do we assist the organization and employees to grow? Do we help the nation to improve human resource development? This is a soul searching question. 

My organization has to compete in world market in assembly and test of IC. What is my role to support the organization to compete? How do we align with business objectives? How do I support my top officer to address his concern in managerial/supervisory skills and lean manufacturing? 

Being a largest organization in Perak of Malaysia, how do we as HRD Department to play a role in Corporate Social Responsibilities? How do we support and influence local Universities and government agencies in grooming human resource.  To make our living meaningful, we always need to live a life larger than ourselves, these are the questions I am pondering now.

How about you?



No comments:

MIT

MIT
Open Courseware

Search This Blog