Today's enterprises face a profound leadership crisis - and the speed of business has far outstripped conventional executive development systems. In Grow Your Own Leaders, three world-renowned experts introduce an entirely new approach for identifying tomorrow's leaders within your own organization, accelerating their development, and deploying them immediately, to address new challenges wherever they emerge.
"Acceleration pools: a new method of succession management.
Your organization's success is defined by one factor: the quality of your leaders. But developing great leaders has never been tougher. Now, drawing on experience with over 1,600 organizations, three renowned leadership consultants show exactly how to identify tomorrow's best leaders within your organization, accelerate their development and deployment, and maximize their value to your organization.
Comprehensive and practical, Grow Your Own Leaders covers every phase of executive development and succession, introducing high-impact, no-bureaucracy techniques that work. You'll discover how to align executive development with corporate strategy; how to take full advantage of short-term assignments, professional coaching, and other new approaches; and how to ensure accountability and measure results.
Yesterday's rigid, static executive succession programs have become a key obstacle to success. Grow Your Own Leaders introduces a flexible, high-speed approach designed for tomorrow's companies in tomorrow's marketplace-and shows you exactly how to implement it, from start to finish.
* The crisis of executive leadership¿and why conventional solutions don't work Effective leadership has never been more crucial-or in shorter supply * Best practices for identifying ""high potentials"" in your own organization Why you should focus internally¿and how to identify outstanding leaders who aren't ""bubbling to the top"" * ""Acceleration Pools"": bringing new flexibility to executive succession Breakthrough executive development techniques that reflect the realities of today's organizations * Delivering leaders fast, to meet tomorrow's challenges¿whatever they are When opportunity knocks, will you have leaders ready to take advantage of it? * From assessment to results: translating diagnosis into action Individualized executive development that delivers on the promise you've identified * 4 ways to turbocharge executive growth¿and minimize HR bureaucracy High-impact solutions that require fewer forms, and fewer meetings!
Turbocharge executive development in your organization!
- Identify tomorrow's best leaders¿within your own organization
- Develop potential leaders more quickly and effectively than ever before
- Gain leadership flexibility for addressing any new business challenge¿immediately
- Align your executive development programs to support your strategic objectives
- Transform yesterday's executive succession systems to support today's flat, fast-changing organizations
Today, virtually every enterprise faces a profound leadership crisis-and the speed of business has far outstripped yesterday's succession planning systems. In Grow Your Own Leaders, three world-renowned experts introduce an entirely new approach for identifying tomorrow's leaders within your own organization. Using DDI's breakthrough Acceleration Pool techniques, you'll groom new leaders faster than ever¿and discover how to deploy them immediately, to address new challenges wherever they emerge.
Drawing on their experience developing executive succession programs for companies ranging from GM to Steelcase, the authors cover every aspect of leadership development and succession planning. You'll learn how to identify what kind of executives your organization will need, then diagnose the strengths and weaknesses of your ""high potential"" candidates, and master four powerful strategies for accelerating executive development.
From roles and processes to metrics and accountability, Grow Your Own Leaders is the only guide to enterprise leadership that reflects today's business realities. No matter how fast your organization or marketplace evolves, this book will help you identify, develop, and retain the executive talent you need to win.